The set design was quite a challenge for costume as you can see in the photo below. It was literally a needle in a haystack situation. And to provide another challenge the cast never left the stage, so any costume changes were to be done in the theater. Before setting up in the theater I figured we would lose all the costumes in the pile. And we did lose some but they eventually turned up after some thorough searching.
Eventually we had stored costumes in all sorts of ways and areas for the actors to be able to grab. It was such a great problem solving challenge which I loved. One of the best things about a brechtian play is that you aren't trying to hide that the actors are actors, which allowed us to have most of the costumes to be obviously stored on a rack.
One of my favorite things about the pile was that you could actually crawl inside it. It had a hollow center where we also stored costumes. I really enjoyed this management roll, having some authority and using my organisation skills to the max.